Saturday, January 20, 2007

Abstract Self Portrait (Part 1)

I painted an abstract self portrait one time to remember the happiest time in my life. It was lots of green and blue. Some white and black for balance but mostly just blue and green and a red triangle.

It said harmony when I looked in my eyes on the canvass. Most admirers though saw that gaudy red triangle taking up all that space on the canvass. It was beautifully painted on the canvass not tacky or too much... It was big though, maybe too big for such a small canvass, but it somehow fit perfectly in my abstract self portrait.

At a show I brought my abstract self portrait to I was asked, What does it mean? The man said, Where are you in this painting of yourself?

I looked right in the middle of that triangle where the red had bled into the blues and the greens and that little bit of space all around the triangle where the green-blue melted into the red… that was me. It took that whole canvass of throwing color to finally find me, but I guess that’s what I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home