Sunday, October 24, 2004

Looking Back...

I was in Cleveland this past weekend and decided to visit an old friend. I drove to All Saints Cemetary where he is buried and spent an hour or so catching up. The last time I was in All Saints was the day we buried our friend. So when I approached Mike's headstone I was happy to see that someone had recently visited and left three gords. Also there was a potted flower that was seeming to wither but still had enough red blossoms on it to break up the lack of color on the ground.

I have never really been to a cemetary to visit someone before, so I didn't really know what to do. I noticed a high school football player by his jersey, drive up in his black pick up and walk to a site close to where I was. I thought back to fridays after school when I played high school ball and realized my routine was much much different from this kid's. But the visit was very peaceful. I think theraputic even in some ways. It was nice to clear my mind and just sit there.

Yeah, I miss him. I realize that all the time. There has not been a day that I haven't thought about him in one way or another. It's been almost a year since his death, and I can still say that. He was a true friend, in many ways my best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home